Hot air ballooning is regulated by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, which ensures the highest standards in the licensing of pilots, training, maintenance and quality control of operations. We only fly when the weather is suitable.
Dawn Drifters has a 100% safety record.
As part of the Dawn Drifters COVID-19 Safety Plan
- All Dawn Drifters team members have undertaken COVID-19 Infection Control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Dawn Drifters will be abiding by ACT Government regulations in relations to transportation/outdoor gatherings and will limit capacity of balloons accordingly, where required.
- We ask that, when not in the balloon, you abide by physical distancing recommendations of 1.5 metres.
- Dawn Drifters is undertaking regular cleaning of all touch points and equipment.
- Dawn Drifters are using the Check In CBR app to help the ACT Health contact tracing team quickly identify and assist anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available to you upon arrival as well as entering and exiting our vehicles.
- It is currently optional to wear masks for an outdoor experience. We have masks available if you choose.
- Should the ACT Government make masks compulsory we will have them available on the morning and ask our passengers to wear them. Please bring you medical exemption with you if you have one.
- All participant names and contact details will be collected for (possible) contact tracing purposes.
Should you feel unwell in the days before your flight please contact our office by phoning 02 6248 8200 and talk to our staff about postponing your flight.
Passengers will have their temperature taken prior to the flight check-in on the morning of the flight and will be required to complete a Passenger Registration and release form, which includes a COVID-19 Health Declaration, on the morning of the flight. Passengers who have a temperature of 37.5°C or higher or who answer yes to any of the following questions will not be able to fly.
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms currently?
Fever, Coughing, Sore throat, Fatigue, or Shortness of breath.
- Have you returned from travel outside of Australia, in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has returned to Australia in the last 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to anyone that is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19?
It is not possible to social distance in the balloon basket. You will be close to other passengers during your outdoor adventure.
Your risk of serious illness from COVID-19 increases if you are:
- aged 70 years or over
- aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years and over who has a chronic medical condition
- immune suppressed
We recommend that you postpone your flight if you fall in to any of these categories.
Dawn Drifters staff will not able to provide assistance to passengers accessing and disembarking the basket so please consider postponing your flight if you feel you will need assistance in accessing or disembarking that the basket.
We highly recommend that all passengers download and use the Check In CBR app to help the ACT Health contact tracing team quickly identify and assist anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
If you are travelling to Canberra from outside of the ACT please check the https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/ website for the latest updates and restrictions.